Saturday, February 12, 2011

What happened to the first two weeks of February?

So I let this slide for quite a few days. I don't know what I became so busy with, but apparently everything else took precedence over venting. Such is life!

My new kick: Once A Month Cooking (OAMC) recipes. I found a great site filled with recipes for casseroles and the like that can be cooked and frozen for easy-to-prepare meals all month.

OAMC Recipes

Now to just find the time/budget to buy and cook in bulk!! I like to cook, but usually my dinner prep happens in stages....little man calls!

Today was a fantastic day. I've recently begun to feel a little burnt out as a SAHM. Thinking, "what did I use to do with him? I'm so bored. He's so bored." Today was a normal Saturday, except the temperature reached 52. Woo hoo, tropical weather! But anyway, laundry, recycling, dishes, and writing some recipes got done with very little fussing from the family dictator. He has become so attached to me (and I am not exaggerating, there are few moments he lets me put him down and he almost never lets anyone else hold him) that things are really difficult to get done. Plus he is so big (some of his 12 month clothes are tight) he doesn't really fit in our baby carrier anymore. So I celebrated the time to get all that stuff done. Yay!

In the past two weeks we've had some awesome time with  close friends. I hope this continues! It's amazing what a few people can do to lift your spirits when you feel like you're dragging in the mud. Even though I know it's not a quick fix and things will take time. It was great visiting a friend yesterday instead of staying home all day with little to do! :)

Well, this crochet rug is long overdue. If I'm to get it done before spring break I need to kick it into gear. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment